ECSYT “Enhancing Cooperation and Synergies of Transport in the Southern Adriatic Ports”
ECSYT “Enhancing Cooperation and Synergies of Transport in the Southern Adriatic Ports” is a project funded by the Interreg IPA CBC Italy-Albania-Montenegro 2014/2020 Program whose objective is to create a more efficient management of transport connections in order to optimize the actions of economic operators in the transport sector in the Southern Adriatic ports, from a logistical, operational and administrative point of view.
The ECSYT Project aims to strengthen cooperation and synergies in the transport sector in the Southern Adriatic ports (Italy, Albania and Montenegro) in order to create the best conditions to guarantee and promote sustainable transport.
Objectives of the project are:
- Reduce isolation and increase coordination between relevant stakeholders to promote a cross-border connection between transport operators in the port area of the southern Adriatic;
- Strengthen and integrate their existing cooperation, synergies and infrastructures in the transport sector.
- Optimize transport in the Southern Adriatic ports, with specific reference to the know-how of the transport operator in the ports;
- Create better networks for public transport and infrastructure;
- Follow a common strategy to increase knowledge, coordination and efficiency;
- Improve the skills of intrested stakeholders and economic operators on sustainable transport.
The activities foreseen by the project are the following:
- Realization of one workshop in Albania on current European situation of the transport sector, organized by CEDIR, to talk about the current European situation of the transport sector in the area of program.
- Realization on international conference on Promoting sustainable transport by CNA, where speakers will discuss on the promotion of sustainable transport and public infrastructures by use new technological innovations.
- Realization of two incoming event, one in Brindisi, Italy and one in Valona on “best practices for promoting sustainable transport in the transport sector“, in which there will be the possibility to carry out a study visit in the port areas of events.
These pilot actions will favor a better coordination within the transport sector in the involved area and it will strength the competences and know-how of interested stakeholders on sustainable transport thematic.
The partnership is composed of:
- CNA – National Confederation of Crafts and Small and Medium Enterprises, Provincial Association of Brindisi (Puglia);
- CEDIR – Center for Economic Development and International Relations (Albania).
The project is co-funded by the European Union through the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA II).